Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Yarn Yarn Everywhere

I have been very busy planning new designs and accruing ball after ball of yarn. It is slowly taking over my dining room and part of my living room. I have lived in a very small house for a long time so I've become somewhat of a master at blending my yarn stash into my decor but it is becoming more and more difficult, lol.
I am enjoying the start of Autumn in Chicagoland as well. Cooler days, leaves turning...it is my favorite time of the year. I tried my hand at making some felted bowls with the idea of having some candy corn in them, I must practice some more as felting is much more of an art than a science. Once you've knitted your piece, you're never quite certain of how the felting will turn out. You can see the bowl in my dining room along with my branch of fall leaves and jar of suckers...

6 comments:

  1. Love the idea of felted bowls! Please, please let us know how you do it when you master it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, pretty yarn colours! I love the felted bowl, too. So perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol.. Angela I just had to giggle at you blending your yarn with your decor. My house is small and I have to do the same thing with my shop stuff. Let us know how the felting goes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the yarn everywhere,I just got my shipment from Joann's today and I am so happy!

    The felted bowls sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When there is something that you love to do it really enters in every pore of your life not to mention living space :)

    Let us know how felting goes

    ReplyDelete