Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fiber Goodies Galore!

On Saturday I attended my very first YarnCon in Chicago and it was glorious! I met the organizers and they were super friendly and total fiber junkies just like me. I volunteered to help at the show and "booth sat" for the lovely and talented Allyson from The Sweatshop of Love for a little bit and then I spent the rest of the afternoon touching, feeling, and being in awe of so many beautiful yarns and fibers and so much more. Here are my goodies from the day:
Project bag and stitch markers from Stitch Candy.


$5 Mystery Bag from Chicago Knitters Unite.


Superwash Merino hand dyed from Colorbug.


A skein of Twinkle Sock from AnotherCraftyGirl.


A skein of 100% Merino in Plum Crazy from Sun Valley Fibers.


And a bar of handmade soap shaped like a sheep from Jabonero Blake Soap Works.

5 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good time :D Looks like you'll be able to create some more beautiful items! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the twinkle sock and plum merino! Any ideas you already have on what to make out of these? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @JR...the Twinkle Sock is going to be a shawl for me for the upcoming holiday season and the plum I am not sure of yet...purple is my favorite color so I had to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its like yarn heaven! You got so many wonderful items.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love goodies! Thanks for sharing what you got! xo

    ReplyDelete