Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Favorite Fall Comfort Food

Autumn is my absolute favorite time of year.I look forward to bundling up in layers, wrapping up in a soft cushy scarf and gloves. I also look forward to making some of my must have, leaves falling, cold weather, comfort food. I bake more in the fall. I love filling my home with scents of cinnamon and nutmeg, apples and pumpkin. I have a new recipe for Pumpkin Bread that I just love and I'm going to share it with you. Please give it a try and let me know how you like it.

Angela's Pumpkin Walnut Bread

2 cups flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg*
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2-3/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of the flour, the brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and nutmeg. Add pumpkin, milk, eggs and oil.Beat until well blended, about 2 minutes. If mixture is too thick, add another 1/4 cup of milk. It should be a little thicker than pancake batter, but not as thick as bread dough. Add remaining flour. Stir in nuts.Pour into a greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 60 - 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely. Wrap and store overnight before slicing.

*If you can find fresh nutmeg, please try it. It is so worth it. My loaf was eaten so fast, I didn't get a photo of it. Next time, maybe. :D

What are some of your Autumn Favorites?

Take a Look Tuesday Linky Party

4 comments:

  1. mmm sound yummy! I will definitely have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love anything with cinnamon ~ just the smell.....
    Definitely will give this recipe a try ~ thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Angela! I have to print this one out. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have an oven!!! I can only visualize and imagine how this will turn out yummy!! :D

    ReplyDelete