Monday, May 7, 2012

A Basket of Knits for Baby A

As soon as I found out my dearest friend was expecting, I started knitting. I couldn't help it, I am just so excited. I know she will make an awesome mom and I can't wait to meet little A. For the baby shower I filled a big basket with hand knitted baby things...a baby blanket, a baby beret, Mary-Jane style booties, and a stuffed bunny. I also included 2 of my favorite children's stories, a Beatrix Potter collection and Winnie the Pooh. I loved Winnie the Pooh when I was a child, in fact I loved it so much that my artistic painter mom painted a mural of the whole gang on my bedroom wall. I wish I could paint like she did, but I channel my creativity by knitting instead.

The patterns I used are:
"Wave Blanket" from Craig at Loopknits.com

"A Beret for Baby" from Pamela W Allen

The bunny from "Lovable Toys" published in "Last Minute Knitted Gifts"



(I also included the pattern names on the little brown tags in the basket because baby A's mom is a knitter.)


No comments:

Post a Comment