Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Strawberry Jam and a Messy Knitting Basket

Well, I tried my hand at water bath canning and made some strawberry jam. I used this book,
Canning & Preserving with Ashley English as my guide. What a fantastic book! Very picture heavy, which is exactly what I needed. I have always been afraid to try canning, partly because I wouldn't do it right and make a bunch of people sick. Well, my fears have been alleviated, I feel like I can "can" anything now! Ok, maybe not anything but I feel a lot more comfortable with the process. Truth be told, I haven't actually eaten any of my jam because I just made it today and it has to sit for 24 hours, but it looks good and I heard pinging sounds when it was cooling so I think it sealed well. Official taste testing begins 7 am tomorrow with a toasted English muffin.

And just for good measure and keeping things knitting related around here, I took a photo of my messy neglected knitting basket. :D



No comments:

Post a Comment